Sophomore Year Dorm Room Tour!

by - September 18, 2017

   
Hey everyone! School is officially starting for just about everyone, and I've finally moved into my dorm for this year. I just finished putting up my decorations and I'm absolutely in love with it! I think it has a really cozy feel but is still cute and very functional. 

The way the room looks before any changes are made is honestly sad, and I'll put some pictures in below so you can see just how far we've come from what was given to us. 



I started by turning my bed around so the safety bar didn't get in the way when I am hopping in and out of bed every day. I've never fallen off a bed while I'm sleeping before so I figured this wouldn't be too much of a problem for me. I also swapped the two bookshelves that are on top of the dresser and desk so I could have the one with two shelves on my desk. Even though there was a lot of moving and turning happening I'm really happy with how everything came out!




 I used a lot of the decorations from my freshman year dorm but everything has been rearranged and I DIY'd a few new things to give this room an updated feel. The tassel garland is new this year and this was one of the things I made myself. I actually made it the day before I moved in, it was such a quick craft and I love how it turned out! I have a few more things I might put up on the walls but I'm not sure about them just yet. I have my bed raised so it's about 4 feet off the ground but this leaves room for TONS of storage underneath. 


The way our furniture is made, it is really easy to loft/half-loft beds if that's what you want. I decided to half loft this year because I didn't love climbing up and down a ladder in the morning before my 8-am classes but I didn't want to give up all the under-bed storage. I keep smaller things like socks in the square bins and in the tower is my sheets, towels, and sweatshirts. I also put my ladder under my bed just to keep it out of the way. 




This is my desk which I anticipate spending lots of time at. I'm so happy we were given shelves to go on the desk, it helps keep everything off my actual workspace. I can also keep some things to help liven up the workspace to keep me from getting bored while I study. I love keeping plants near my study space. I also have my record player on the top of my desk with part of my record collection stored beneath it. I wasn't able to bring all of my music but I took the few that I love most.

Here's my good ol' closet. I have a lot of my clothes folded so this is definitely not all of it! I did bring way more shoes than necessary but you never know when you might need them. The closet is pretty small but I can absolutely make it work! I'll leave you with one more picture of my bed just to take care of all your aesthetic needs for the day. 

I hope everyone has a great school year! Let me know what your favorite part of the start of the school year is down in the comments!

Until next time, 
Sarah

You May Also Like

0 comments